769 Crestwood Ave. • Wadsworth, OH 44281 • (614) 282-2839 • email@example.com
3 years of collaborating between business areas/clients and development/design to bring projects and visions to completion. Includes 2 years working at Fortune 500 retail chain as Business Analyst in Information Technology, and 14 months collaborating on independent marketing projects for business owners requiring digital brand management, advertising, media relations, and multimedia production. BSBA in Multimedia and Marketing from The Ohio State University, executed on responsibility as IT Business Analyst for highest grossing company project at last employer, 2 digital music albums released on iTunes.
Areas of expertise:
- Discovering, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with new business clients to help them achieve their goals
- Requirements elicitation, documentation, and approval; functional workflows; data definitions, analysis and reporting
- Project management and organizational communications
- Process definition and mapping; project/program documentation; project management/scope assistance
- Multimedia production design
- Using the internet to learn the latest technologies and skills in the marketing/digital production world
Practices: Agile/hybrid methodology, business analysis, business intelligence, change management, collaboration tools, functional/technical documentation, performance improvement, Point-of-Sale, project management assistance, retail, user training, waterfall methodology, Social Media account management [Facebook, Twitter, 500px, Vimeo, Youtube, Google+, domain management, SEO, PPC campaigns, Server-side command line functions, Functional UI/Graphic/Web Design, Comprehensive requirement discovery and data analysis activities (Large group/small group, 1-on-1 interviews, documentation research, hands-on learning of current workflows, context diagrams, process modeling)
Technical Experience: Atlassian JIRA, Empower, Google Cloud Applications, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook), MicroStrategy, Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle-360, Planview Enterprise, SAP, Windows/Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop Dreamweaver Lightroom Premiere Pro After Effects), WordPress, PHP, Java, cPanel, Macintosh OS, Windows OS, HTML, DSLR photography and videography, image/video manipulation, motion graphics, Ableton, SQL
Independent Business Consultant 02/2014-Present
- BarbersWest – Web design, photography
- Created new website; company photo shoot for website
- Integrated and automated Facebook feed into new company website
- Eagle Trucking – Human Resources – recruiting and training consultant
- Offered in-house HR recruitment position based on analysis provided to Eagle on HR strategy
- DJ GigaHurtz; Nikki Nikki – Mobile App graphic design
- Collaborated with developer to provide clear, usable interface for discovering artist’s music
- Pineapple Digital Music – Web design, digital music marketing
- Frequent communication and label strategy meetings with label owner
- Created and optimized new website for label
- Ran PPC campaigns to increase label’s online visibility; analyzed and reported back to label owner
- Managed artist roster and information displayed on website
- Goals accomplished helped label consistently rank in Top 10 releases on Beatport for each release
- Currently assisting label launch new sub-label based off previous year’s sales success
- Sound Lab, 1103 Musik – Music production [Self]
- Created new website; company photo shoot for website
Skills used: Business analysis, retail, user training, waterfall methodology, Windows OS, Server-side command line functions, PHP, Java, HTML, Dreamweaver, Adobe Dreamweaver Photoshop Premiere After Effects & Lightroom, DSLR photography, SEO, Social media account integration, PPC campaigns, WordPress, Web and Mobile graphic UI design, Ableton & 3rd party audio plugins
Business Analyst 06/2012 – 06/2014
Big Lots, Inc.
- Gathered, documented, and tested business requirements and user interface changes to the Point of Sale for:
- New financing option for customers buying furniture merchandise
- Acceptance of SNAP/EBT benefits tender for payment.
- New Time & Attendance software for store employees.
- New application built in SAP to analyze and set new retail prices monthly for inventory being sold through direct-to-store distribution in Big Lots
- Performed data mapping, prototyping, document analysis, requirements elicitation and documentation, requirements workshops, workflow diagramming, and data flow diagramming.
- Worked with interfaces with external vendors (Financing vendor, credit card processing vendors) for projects requiring communication to 3rd parties
- Researched, coordinated, and tracked test defects to resolution during UAT.
- Worked with customers to identify business strengths and weaknesses, and recommend areas of improvement.
- Created and conducted training pertaining to the procedures and applications.
- Developed, documented, and executed quality assurance test plan for Point of Sale changes.
- Used MicroStrategy for sales and inventory tracking.
- Worked between development, master data, legal, and operations to build new SAP application to allow automated maintenance of item [material] parameters and restrictions.
- Exposed to Vistex through gathering requirements for changes to Task Manager to allow for enhanced communication to stores.
Environment: Agile/hybrid methodology, business analysis, business intelligence, change management, collaboration tools, functional/technical documentation, performance improvement, Point-of-Sale, project management assistance, retail, user training, waterfall methodology, Atlassian JIRA, Empower, Google Cloud Applications, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook), MicroStrategy, Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle, Planview Enterprise, SAP, Windows/Mac OS
Undergraduate Admissions – Administrative Assistant 08/2008 – 06/2012
Max M. Fisher College of Business – The Ohio State
Assist students with advising issues by adding/dropping classes
- Advised on class selection and degree direction
- Collaborated with staff on student concerns and how to incorporate university policies into advising students’ goals
Logistics Intern – Pipeline 06/2010 – 06/2010
Shell Oil Company
Began requirements gathering and functional design on initiative to streamline maintenance and replenishment of terminal equipment for oil transportation
Global Financial Operations Intern 06/2009 – 06/2009
Compiled financial data monthly from global supply chain areas for presentation to leadership
- Created project savings budget analysis tool for $1.5 million in workforce resources in Excel
Max M. Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University
Graduation Date: June 2012
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. Specialization: Multimedia and Marketing Columbus, OH
Full tuition paid – Distinguished National Merit Scholar